Signage Detailer Houston, TX
The Environments Division of 2020 Exhibits is looking for a Detailer in the Signage Division to work closely with the signage team and other designers to create construction drawings for signage based on approved design concepts coming from either design firms or in-house designers. Must be proficient in the use of illustrator or CAD software. Vectorworks and Flexi software knowledge is a plus. Candidate must have the ability to turn a 2D concept (after meeting with concept designer and understanding approved direction) into a detailed, accurate construction drawing for our fabrication department to manufacture from.
- Analyze and interpret various types of Architectural Blueprints and detailed plans and understand locations of interior and exterior signage and graphics.
- Write technical descriptions in scale specifying size, materials, colors, quantities, side views and any details needed for our fabrication department and client approval.
- Knowledge of materials related to interior & exterior signage and graphics (vinyl, aluminum, stainless steel, stone, acrylic, etc.).
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with others in a team setting, communicating directly with the Concept Designer, Production Artist, Account Manager and Director.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and excellent time management a must.
- Prior construction knowledge and sign industry knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of fabrication methods, assembly methods and machinery needed to manufacture signage and graphics a plus.
- Ability to understand, or quickly learn, architectural and engineering scale factors, viewport concepts, sheet layers, basic drafting standards, isometric drawings and orthographic projection.
- Ability to work quickly and with accuracy.