Exhibit Estimator Houston, TX
The Estimator will prepare cost estimates for the production and fabrication of various components on the project. Working with the designers and the detailers to ensure the estimates are profitable and reflect a true cost analysis.
- Prepares estimates by gathering drawings, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying drawings, blueprints, specifications, and related documents; Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains projects budgets by attending internal meetings; reviewing technical drawings, keeping open communication with the designers and sales staff.
- Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates. Collaborate with designers, sales staff, and vendors on estimates. Evaluate a product's cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend alternatives to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Relevant experience in the trade show exhibits/events / construction / corporate interiors
- The ability to read blueprints and a working knowledge of standard display building materials and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PC and internet
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to anticipate problems, analyze and proactively determine alternate solutions
- Must be accurate, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours under extreme pressure and maintain deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assume responsibility for completion of estimates in the absence of direct supervision
- Strong mathematical skills